Friday, July 17, 2009

Broken Branding Iron

Every morning I let my hot iron warm up to a branding temperature while I take my shower. This saves me time and gives me that “oh so straight not so frizzy” look. Well this morning I followed the same routine. After blow drying my hair while being watched by Little Man (he loves to watch mommie get ready - - well actually he doesn’t have a choice, he is eleven weeks!), I reach for my scalding hot iron. WAIT! I can’t feel the heat burning my hand. Should I touch it? Of course I’m a little leery. After all, this is the same hot iron that makes a sizzling sound when it touches your forehead. Tap! Tap! Forget the branding iron. I’ve now got a warming iron. Instead of straighten my hair I’ve got something to warm it up with. Does hair even get cold?