Tuesday, November 8, 2011

8/30 - 4/15

Today I am thankful for my mama.  No relationship with anybody is ever the same.  Meaning, my relationship with my mama might not be like your relationship with your mama, and heck, it might not even be the same as my sister's relationship wither our mama.  But at any rate, I am thankful for my mama and our relationship.  I'm not going to knock her childhood, but let's be honest, it wasn't ideal for any child.  She had to grow up fast, too fast, and experienced trauma I don't even want to think about.  No matter who you are, you can't always shake your past.  It is going to impact you.  Everyone is impacted in different ways.  With that said, my mama might not be perfect, but again, she is perfect for me.  God gave her to me for a reason and I thank him for that, daily. 

Our relationship hasn't been perfect, at times we might not even talk to one another, but the love I have for my mama is unending.  We might not tell each other often but I know she loves me.  She has proved it countless times.  I remember having a week or two old colicky baby and suffering from post-partum depression.  The hubby was working the night shift and here I was all alone with a non-stop crying baby at about 2 in the morning.  I was in tears myself, probably crying just as loud, and I didn't know what to do.  I called my mama and without asking she came.  She rocked Little Man and I fell asleep.  She saved me!
That moment will always stick out to me.

Oh yeah, I get my sense of humor from her too. That might not always be a good thing, but I enjoy it.