Saturday, October 1, 2011

We are back!

Well 2010 was not my year. As you can tell from my lack of blogging on this blog. We are back. Back to continue what the blog was begun for...updates on my wonderful family.

I am still a stay at home mommy, best job ever, but I regret to say, I am seeking employment in a job where I can earn a paycheck. Little Man and Hubby pay me daily but I feel it is time I contribute again to our family financially. Now I know I will be starting all over again...at the bottom of the corporate ladder, but that is okay. I'm not afraid of heights and will progress wherever God guides me.

I'm still in school full-time and I'm thinking about changing my major to Accounting from Special Education, Elementary. I REALLY don't want to change it b/c I have always wanted to be a teacher. I keep having thoughts that I should start a preschool at my church but this seems out of the question since right now we are not active in our church. Lots of teachers I know have been complaining teaching isn't what it use to be. The economy is horrible and lots of teachers have lost their jobs so the hiring outlook is pretty grim. Accounting would go along w/my previous experience and I love numbers and working with numbers. I think I would have a better chance finding a job in accounting than teaching but gosh I don't know...

I am currently looking for employment, as stated previously, but haven't had any luck so far. I did get a call for a phone interview for Hallmark but it was only for like 3 hrs a week or so at $7 an hr. I figure after taxes I would bring home $60 or so bucks a month. Thats not even a tank of gas!! So you can see why I changed my mind.

The hubby is still working his 12 hour shifts at said (maybe not for privacy reasons) job. He has been there for 2 years now. He did a one year stint in the Army Reserves (why did we get out of the Marine Corp??) and discovered the Army is no place for a Marine. Maybe active duty is different, but for him it was a whole different ballgame.

The boys are in their 2nd year at East Wilkes County, NC school system. For a while there, before summer, we thought the boys were going to move away again. First said place was FL, then it was changed to IL, and finally back to NC. The choices some people make...I'll hush there b/c as a mother, as their step-mother, I am bitter about the whole situation. Needless to say, we are glad they are now 3-4 hrs (depending on traffic and who is driving) away from us instead of 16 hrs.

The boys will be back with us the weekend before Thanksgiving. Little Man can't wait. He loves his brothers. He ask about them all of the time. It is an ajustment when they are here but we are grateful for every second we are able to spend with them. It rocks that we get them for the summer, the holidays, and go see them when we are able to. Really beats seeing them for only 4 weeks, if that, in the summer only, like it use to be.

The rabbits are doing great! They have their own blog, which you can find here and if you would like to inquire about available rabbits feel free to email us by clicking here.  High tech, huh?  We started working with just wire cages and kept the rabbits in the barn but know we have build new outside cages for all of them.  The great thing is, we are able to move them back into the barn if we need to.  They really seem to enjoy being out in the fresh air.  Happy rabbits are always a plus!

Here are some recent pictures - Enjoy!

Our 4 year wedding anniversary

This kid loves slides - 9'11

The Merry-Go-Round is a family favorite!